법문

묻고답하기

HOME > 법문 > 묻고답하기

How Can I Connect with my Mother's Spirit? 1
 작성자: minnpine  2013-06-10 13:13
조회 : 4,629  
   Q1 - ChongAn Sunim.docx (12.2K) [24] DATE : 2013-06-10 13:13:46

Dear Sunim,

Very unlucky for me, I just missed meeting you in person in Korea.   Yesterday at 4PM I showed up at the Buddhist English Library in Seoul to sit in your meditation class.   But I was told by the coordinator that you already left Korea for Hungary.

Lately I have been watching your ‘We Are the Way’ dharma talks online in which your logical and sometimes scientific style of exposition is very helpful for me in understanding Buddhist principles.    I myself am a retired polymer engineer who studied physics in college.   Still I have been writing down questions that arose in my mind while watching the videos and looking for chances to ask them of you.   That’s why I am writing you this email.

However, I don’t want to overwhelm you with all the questions I have.   Today I’d like to start with a very personal question:  On May 23 my mother passed away while I was in DaeJeon on a trip.   I have been feeling very guilty for not having a chance to say goodbye to her and express my gratitude for her lifelong love towards me before she took her own life.   Please tell me how I can connect with my mother’s spirit and what can I do to help her go to a better afterlife world?

Thanks a lot for your advice in advance.

Sincerely Yours,

Gwangbo

****************************************************************************************************

불행하게도, 청안스님이 한국에 오셨을때 뵙지 못했네요.

어제 서울에서, 청안스님의 참선에 참석했습니다만, 청안스님께서 벌써 헝가리로 떠나셨다네요.

요즘에, 청안스님의 ‘We Are the Way’ 법문을 인터넷으로 보고 있습니다.

그걸 보고 있으면, 청안스님의 논리적이면서도 가끔씩은 과학적인 설명이

저에게는 불교의 원리를 이해하는데에 많은 도움이 됩니다.

저 자신도 은퇴하기 전에는 고분자 공학을 했었고, 대학에서는 물리를 전공했습니다

청안스님의 법문을 비디오로 들으면서, 제 마음속에서 생기는 질문들을

청안스님께 여쭤보고 싶었고, 그래서 이렇게 이메일을 드립니다.

청안스님을 귀찮게 하고싶지 않기에, 제 마음속에서 생기는 그 수많은 질문들을

오늘 전부 여쭤보지는 않겠습니다. 오늘은, 저의 아주 개인적인 것을 여쭤보겠습니다:

523일에 제 어머니가 돌아가셨습니다.

돌아가실 당시에, 저는 대전으로 가고있는 상황이었습니다.

제 어머니가 당신 스스로 목숨을 끊으시면서 돌아가시기 전에, 제가 마지막 인사를 못 드린점,

또 제 어머니가 평생 저를 사랑해 주신 것에 대해서 제가 감사한 마음을 표현 못한 점에 대해서 저는 내내 죄책감이 듭니다.

청안스님, 말씀해 주십시요. 어떻게 하면 제가, 제 어머니의 영혼과 닿을 수 있을까요?

, 제 어머니가 좀 더 나은 후생으로 가실 수 있도록, 어떻게 제가 어머니를 도울 수가 있을까요?

광보 올림

의견 1
ChongAnSN
Dear Gwangbo Buljanim,

Thank you for your kind note and in-depth question. I am sorry to hear your loss. To help your mother's path after she left her body, I suggest you arrange for a 49th-day ceremony (sashipguje) for her in a nearby temple. During this ceremony the sunims will be doing all the necessary forms, and you can express your gratitude towards her in your mind as well as bowing to her at the appropriate time. The energy of the ceremony will reach mother's mind. With your intention included, your connection to her will serve as a conduit for the Dharma to reach her and guide her on her way.

If we keep our minds before thinking, we are never separate. Your heart and your mother's heart are always connected, but this hard to experience and cultivate when she is no longer on this earth. After the time of mourning is over, only periodical memorials will happen as you and your family decide. Your karma with your mother did not disappear-- only she did. Hold her memory dearly in your heart while letting go of her person gradually. This helps you and her equally.

Sincerely in the Dharma,

Chong An
habjang

*****************************************************************************************************
광보 불자님,
어머님이 돌아가셨다니, 유감의 말씀을 드립니다.
당신 어머님이 육신을 떠난 후의 가실 길에 도움이 되고자 하신다면,
가까운 절에서 49제를 지내십시요.
49제를 지내면, 스님들께서 의식을 치를실 것이고,
그러면 당신은 어머니에 대한 감사를 마음속으로 표현하시고,
절차에 따라 어머니께 절도 올리십시요.
49제의 기운이 어머니의 마음에 도달할 것입니다.
당신의 어머니에 대한 마음, 그리고 당신과 어머니의 연결은,
마치 전선관처럼, 불법 (Dharma)이 어머니에게 도달할 수 있도록 할 것입니다.
그리고 불법(Dharma)이 어머니를 이끌어 줄 것입니다. 

우리가 불상응심 [不相應心]을 유지한다면, 우리는 헤어지지 않는 것입니다.
당신의 마음과 어머니의 마음은 언제나 연결되어 있습니다.
하지만, 어머니가 이 세상에 없기에 이런 연결을 경험하기가, 그리고 발전시키기가 어렵습니다.

이 애도의 시간이 지난후에는, 당신과 당신가족이 결정하기에 따라,
정기적으로만 어머니에게 제례를 올릴 것입니다.
어머니와의 당신의 업은 사라지는 것이 아닙니다- - 어머니만 사라진 것입니다.
어머니에 대한 기억을 당신의 마음속에 소중히 간직하십시요,
하지만 그녀의 아견 (person, 我見) 은 점차 놓으십시요.

이렇게 하면 당신에게도 어머니에게도 도움이 될 것입니다.
  13-06-14 15:26  답변